One of the major objectives of any business is to generate leads. More leads mean more business, which means more revenue and thus, the success of the business. While there are several ways of generating more leads, an interesting way is through content marketing, more specifically, through blogging. Statistical reports have proven that blogging has helped several businesses generate more leads than they did before they started a blog on their online platform.
How do Blogs Help in Lead Generation?
- Bloggers do not do anything out of their way or something tricky when using their blogs to generate leads.
- They simply write their blogs in such a way that the potential audience visiting the blog is motivated to go through the website and then some of these visitors convert into leads after successful purchase of a product or service from the business.
- Simply having a lot of readers or visitors on your blog does not mean all of them will turn into leads.
- However, to do this, bloggers write their blogs using certain strategies such as including CTAs, creating helpful content, creating contests and giveaways, using lead magnets, and more.
7 Ways in which You can Generate Leads through Blogging
1. Installing Useful Lead Magnets
Lead magnets are pieces of resources, services, and content that are used by businesses to gather contact details of the visitors to the website. Some examples of lead magnets are e-newsletters, samples, free consultations, and trial subscriptions.
2. Sharing Blogs On Business’ Social Media
One of the most effective strategies that you can implement for lead generation is sharing your blog posts on your company’s social media pages. Social media marketing is on the rise and almost all companies are on one or another social media platform.
3. Making Use of Actionable Keywords
You compose articles based on specific subjects, queries, and keywords. Because keywords are so crucial in search engine rankings, don't be too picky with them. Make sure your blog has the relevant keywords, and that you utilize them wisely and at the appropriate places.
4. Blogs With Call To Actions
Well, yes, technically blogs are for reading, but think about it. A person who is reading a blog on your website is already on your platform and is clearly interested in knowing what you have to offer. All you have to do is give them easy options to know, explore and do more, and a CTA does exactly that for you.
5. Quora Marketing
Quora is a platform where people are genuinely looking for answers to their queries and by answering their questions; you can generate more leads for your business. While some bloggers say that it seems like a complicated procedure and they are not sure about its results, Quora does actually work and you can open plenty of opportunities for your business with that.
6. Hosting Contests, Surveys, and Giveaways
Another useful trick is conducting online contests, surveys, and giveaways on your blog. You can host contests and surveys through giveaways. Get your visitors to participate in some interesting contests and surveys.
7. Creating Helpful and Value-Adding Content
You have a decent chance of generating leads through your blog if you write material that adds value and is helpful to your viewers. To accomplish this, you must begin to think like your clients and discover their wants and needs.